Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Annie is finally in her forever home!


This past Sunday, Annie came home with me, and we couldn't be happier!

I was going to start a new blog to share Annie's adventures, but someone gave me the bright idea of keeping this one up.  I figured, why not!  This way the people who know and love her can keep tabs on her, and those who are just getting to know her can get a good amount of her history.

Within the first few hours of having her, I just knew Annie and I would get along well and that she's truly something special!  I had to make the quick stop up by my mother's house to pick up a few odds and ends (and of course to introduce Annie to her new two-legged grandma!)   So we headed up from Boston to Salem NH where the grass is green and plentiful.  

Now, I bet you guys didn't know that Annie is a championship diver!  Yes, that's right!  Annie walked right up to grandma's koi pond, saw that there were some nice big fish swimming inside, and decided she should swim too!   I haven't ever seen a dog jump so high to jump into water before.    Usually they just kind of slink in, but not Annie!  

Overall, Annie seems really happy and as if she enjoys life in Boston.  She's figured out how to make a little bed in my closet where she buries her toys (in a pile of blankets).  She loves loves loves sitting near the window and watching the pigeons and people on the street when she doesn't think I'm watching her.    I think the Bruins are her favorite sports team, or at least it seems like it because she parks right next to me on the couch and wags her tail when they score!  Smart dog!   She's met her new friend Tiffany, who will be walking her once or twice a day when I'm at the lab, and I bet they'll be fast friends too!  She loved giving her kisses!  The car is a favorite place of Annie's, too.

I'm going to keep up the blog with Annie's adventures, as she's certain to have quite a few!  We're already planning trips to NY to visit friends, a trip to Maine to spend time in the woods, and much, much more!    So stay tuned!  




1 comment:

Kapten Hanna said...

Yay! Congratulations to both you and Annie! I'm sure you will have a happy life together! She is such a character! :)