Friday, May 8, 2009

Week 1, done!





After getting to spend two wonderful days at home with me, Annie had to watch me go to work.  First was a half day, then a whole day, and then an awful Friday where I was gone for hours. Not to fear, the Annie Doo had the company of her new friend Tiffany, dog walker extraordinaire!

While Annie was off enjoying her day, going to the park and meeting new people, I was sitting at my desk trying to figure out how to get a copy of Annie's spaying certificate (well, when not working, that is).   Her rabies paperwork was included in the stack of papers I received, but there was nothing specific saying "hey, I was spayed!"   The man on the line with City of Boston Animal Control wasn't altogether helpful, either.    He kept insisting that the vet should have a certificate proving she was spayed, especially if it were done in MA, and I kept trying to tell him "she came from Tennessee, not MA"... but it didn't sink in.  I even called her vet in TN, who told me that they didn't see her until 2003 (she was born in 1998), and don't have anything on record, but a vet should be able to see that she was spayed.   But they were ridiculously helpful with trying to get everything straight, and offered to be on call for me if needed.  So tomorrow I will swing by the office in Roslindale and see what I can muster up.    Her rabies certificate says she is a spayed female.  Maybe that's good enough?  If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

During Annie's walk today, she went to the Greenway over by the airport, watched a soccer match, met people all over, and even stopped in a salon!  On our walk at 11:30, Annie met some men on the street who didn't believe she was actually 11!  But I did have them fooled when I told them she was part tank.  They "didn't realize tank was a dog breed".  Doh!

And I must say, nothing makes me happier than coming home to a happy Annie!  Or waking up to a happy Annie, too.   She's so loving and (as weird as this sounds) attentive, and I was amazed that she and I connected so quickly!  

Here's a few pictures of the little pooper in action!

She LOVES sleeping on the bed!



Why do you insist on taking photos of me?


Annie Doo at the park, taken by Tiffany



Look at that tongue go!







No comments: